This is a record of *Quilts of Valor created and awarded
2013-2014

Each one created in memory and honor of my daddy,
~ U.S. Navy Seaman William E. Walls ~
a Veteran of
World War II and the Korean Conflict

*Future quilts created to offer a "Thank You for your service" and the long awaited "Welcome Home" to our Veterans and Military Service Members will not be a "Quilt of Valor" due to the Foundation's changes that I cannot/do not support.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

#4 - Welcome Home, Blair!

My sister requested a Quilt of Valor for her brother-in-law, a Vietnam Veteran.

I learned he's a Civil War enthusiast, so the colors in his quilt reflects the era. It was left up to me for the pattern/overall design. I selected the half log cabin on point, with a deep red center - the hearth/heart of the home.

Although I was not at the presentation ceremony, I heard he was overwhelmed when receiving the award.




Thank you for your service, Sir!

And, Welcome Home!


Pieced by Lanetta's Creations of Texas
Quilted by Amy, Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment